Dudley Memorial Cemetery
Dudley Memorial Cemetery is a 30 acre landscape in the northeast section of Dublin, Georgia, and is the final resting place of choice for many families in the area. Originally chartered in 1934, the cemetery has available spaces for those who desire a tranquil park setting surrounded by established neighborhoods on the northern edge of historic Scottsville. The cemetery is conveniently located near many of the downtown churches at 600 East Mary Street.
Immediately adjacent to Dudley Memorial Cemetery is Hunger and Hardship Creek. This waterway forms a topographical separation from the Cross Creek Cemetery, a memorial park maintained by the City of Dublin. This property existed prior to the Dudley Memorial Cemetery and has graves of residents of the area, including former slaves, dating back to the mid 1800s.
Special thanks to Loree and Billy Beacham and Lorilee Tuttle for their tireless efforts to document the history and those buried in the Dudley Memorial Cemetery and in every other cemetery in this area.